Overland Park, KS
VEIN CLINICS OF AMERICA
Position: Ultrasound Technologist
Reports To: Regional Manager
Healthy looks good! Our nationwide network of Vein Clinics keeps patients healthy and strong with our minimally invasive approach to treating varicose and spider veins. Our Mission is that our team changes lives by providing world class vein care and a compassionate patient-centric experience. As a specialty clinic, we do both medical as well as cosmetic procedures. We offer a full package of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, 11 company paid holidays in addition to PTO days and more. At Vein Clinics of America, we promote work life balance by offering standard business hours, no on-call or over night shifts. We also offer 12 weeks of paid training, CME hours and competitive pay.
The primary responsibilities for Ultrasound Technologists include, but are not limited to, performing all necessary DUS scans and assist in treating LVD and MVD patients at the direction of the Physician, advise Physician and monitor treatment quality and safety, educate and motivate patients and participate in practice building and administrative activities as time permits.
- Perform patient evaluation and assessment prior to ultrasound examination
- Complete all appropriate forms at time of each scan to ensure that we are compliant with VCA’s written ultrasound protocols
- Ensure that all maps and ultrasound forms are properly scanned into VPA under each patient until the time an electronic medical record is available to capture this information.
- Perform ultrasound examination of patients to create a Venous Flow Map for purposes of the physician recommending a safe, effective treatment plan
- Perform all additional scans indicated by the treatment plan at the direction of the Physician to ensure the efficacy of treatment and safety of the patients
- Within the limits of safety, adhere to the standard time allotments for each type of scan in order to maintain the smooth and efficient flow of patients throughout the course of the scheduled day.
- Working with the operations staff, review and update the ultrasound schedule to ensure good patient care and safety and to maintain the patient load at an efficient and productive level.
- Maintain equipment and manage the supply inventory to ensure continued and effective operations
- Clean and maintain designated DUS room after each treatment and at the end of the day to ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day.
- Assist staff members with taking photographs of patients when schedule allows.
- When not actively engaged with a scheduled patient, assist other staff members with their duties in the spirit of teamwork in order to maintain an effective and efficient operation
- Maintain flexibility with given schedule and in the nature of team spirit provide support and coverage for other clinics in need of Ultrasound coverage
- Build rapport with patients by instilling a high level of confidence in our providers’ ability to fully address their medical concerns
- Develop efficiencies that will allow clinic to increase patient flow and still provide the highest quality of care to patients
Assist the Physician in the following
- Helping to re-explain the physician’s treatment plan to the patient and how that treatment plan addresses the patient’s specific needs.
- Assist during Image Guided Injection treatment sessions with the appropriate directions regarding needle placement and recommendations for volume and strength of solution to be injected.
- Ensuring quality of patient care and working with the Director of Quality or his or her delegate to improve quality of care
- Participating in a minimum of 2 annual ultrasound quality conferences to review ultrasound quality and discuss difficult cases
- Ensuring the technical ultrasound training of trainees to ensure patient care is not compromised and the trainee is benefitting from the training
- Ensuring direct medical or technical staff supervision of trainees performing ultrasound examination\
- Ensuring optimal operation and maintenance of equipment
- Complying with ICAVL standards
- All other duties as assigned.
- Act in compliance with legal rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Adhere to both the spirit and the language of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 (“SOX”) in order to avoid any conduct that would be in violation of SOX or give the appearance of violating SOX.
- Understand SOX rules under the Company’s compliance policies and procedures, and the penalties for not complying with the policies and procedures and the law.
- Report suspected violations of SOX, company policies and procedures, and/or Federal and State laws, rules and regulations to the Compliance Officer, another appropriate high-level officer of Vein Clinics of America, or Vein Clinic's third party compliance violation reporting service.
US EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Two years allied health background in an AMA approved program and/or associate degree. Must be RVT or RVS.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in diagnostic ultrasound, preferably vascular ultrasound.
- Current registration as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or current registration as a Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
- Ongoing maintenance of RVT or RVS registration and currency in Basic Life Support (CPR) certification is required. This includes obtaining a minimum of 15
- CME hours every 3 years to show evidence of maintaining current knowledge in vascular testing with course content addressing:
- techniques, or
- interpretation of non-invasive vascular testing.