EMR Support Specialist
Downers Grove, IL
As a member of the EMR Support team, the EMR Support Specialist performs tasks related to successful configuration, maintenance, support, reporting and training of VCA’s EMR/PM solution eClinicalWorks (eCW).s. This position will be responsible for assisting VCA's clinical staff and support staff successfully use eCW to achieve their day-to-day work by proving over the phone and web based support. This position will also support other software products as needed in a crossfunctional team.
This is NOT an Information Technology position.
- Provide eCW EMR to VCA's clinical and administrative support staff.
- Assists Quality Manager with MIPS quality reporting collection and clinical data registry management.
- Assists in resolving deficiencies impacting plan compliance to meet State and Federal standards for MIPS. Design, develop, analyze, test, modify, document & maintain complex reports from EMR.
- Responsible for optimizing systems utilization / systems workflows to achieve companywide efficiencies, increased performance, and improved patient-provider outcomes.
- Provide eCW EMR and PM training to VCA staff based as needed
- Stays current in new application functionality and enhancements.
- Provide eCW EMR Level 1 technical support to clinical and non-clinical VCA staff as it pertains to workflows, documentation standards and general EMR usage for the organization.
- Acts as a liaison between administrative, clinical, medical staff, and technical IT staff.
- Document all interactions with EMR activity effectively within outlined systems.
- Assist with routine upgrades for the eCW product
- EMR/EHR application support
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, SmartSheets and/or statistical software.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Suite, to include Outlook, Excel, Project pro, Visio and Word
- Knowledge of healthcare standards, terminology and
- Associates degree required
- Bachelors degree in health care related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) solutions including participation in the implementation and support of systems of an enterprise healthcare setting with training, workflow analysis and systems testing and documentation.
- Strong technical computer literacy required.
- 40 hours per week, with additional meetings on occasion as scheduled or required.
- Occasional flexibility with hours as required meeting the needs of clients/system.
- Overtime or weekend hours as required and authorized by the manager.
- Attendance at all staff meetings.
- Attendance at training sessions.
- Adherence to practice policies, procedures and protocol.
- Some travel required