Physician Referral Sales Representative / Medical Liaison
For over 30 years, Vein Clinics of America (VCA) has been dedicated to the treatment of all aspects of Vein Disease. Acknowledged as experts in the field, VCA has helped lead advances in the treatment of Vein Disease. And with over 60 clinics, across 15 states, we’re growing! VCA is seeking an experienced Physician Referral Sales Representative/Medical Liaison to support and travel between our Area clinic locations by further expanding our physician referral network. Must have 2-5 years proven medical sales experience.
The purpose of the Physician Referral Sales Representative/Medical Liaison position is to create demand for VCA’s services by executing marketing strategies and promoting our practice. This position will require a current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of VCA’s services and the ability to effectively communicate that knowledge to physician groups and to the consumer
- Directly supports Manager in defining and identifying target market area(s), participates in setting objectives and forecasts
- Maintains daily activity updates in CRM system. Creates reports as necessary and requested by Manager
- Makes recommendations for new innovative programs that will efficiently increase referral and associated consult volume to VCA
- Obtains, analyzes and interprets physician information to guide prioritization of physician contacts and referral development efforts
- Provides regular performance updates to manager and clinic/operations team members to include numbers, opportunities and challenges
- Researches competitors and maintains Competitive Profiles. Provides market intelligence and other feedback to VCA leadership
- Plans and schedules office visits and other outreach activities with targeted contacts
- Identifies opportunities to improve referring physician/office experience and conversion and brings to leadership.
- Tracks, completes, and submits expenses.
- Partners with clinic/operations team members to ensure accuracy or referral identification and reporting. Submits reporting enhancement requests to Manager as needed.
- Conducts ongoing research on current and potential referring physicians to determine likelihood that the physician has an appropriate patient population to build referral business
- Attends Clinic, Physician Referral, and other meetings as assigned.
Relationship Building, Market Outreach
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with targeted physicians and office staff in assigned key markets to meet VCA referral and consult goals. Requires local/regional travel.
- Nurtures targeted relationships by understanding motivations and unmet needs that create barriers to referrals and patient entry into VCA. Identifies opportunities to eliminate barriers and partners with Manager and Operations to do so.
- Clearly communicates value of VCA, VCA physicians/staff, philosophy on patient care, etc. to provide potential and existing referral partners the knowledge and understanding that all VCA patients receive the highest level of care.
- Meets quarterly activity goals established for assigned territory for office visits and other key outreach metrics
- Maintains a portfolio of new patients by building a network portfolio of referring physicians. Size of managed portfolio will be determined by Manager
- Maintains physician target lists to aid execution of outreach and communications strategy
- Executes referral strategy as liaison between the external medical community and VCA
- Executes clear and transparent communications with external referral sources about specific patient, clinical, and insurance requirements that may impact referral decisions.
- Identifies and attends medical conferences that align with market strategy (may require night/weekend work)
- Develops and maintains relationships with medical association leadership
- Leverages VCA physicians and increase their visibility in the marketplace by planning and executing Lunch and Learns, CME, and other speaking opportunities
- Makes in person presentations to all targeted contacts to uncover needs and present options for them and their patients
- Resolves or refers physician concerns where appropriate, taking initiative to make decisions and follows up on specific questions, concerns, or areas of interest expressed by physicians and/or staff.
- Utilizes CRM to effectively document all activities
- Coordinates activities that will promote interest in VCA services and other offerings
- Additional duties as assigned by Leadership
Proven track record of success in customer service, sales, or referral development
Actively demonstrates commitment to excellent service to all customers, both internal and external
Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information, reach decision point, and execute appropriate actions
Very strong relationship building skills
Strong interpersonal and team building skills
Demonstrates the ability to coach and be coached by other team members to enhance team performance
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Excellent organizational skills
Strong listening skills with the ability to analyze complex information and problem solve
Demonstrated success working independently and without close supervision
Typical Experience & Education:
Minimum of BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Public Affairs, or a related field
Must have minimum of 3-5 years in outside sales, business development, or related experience.
Experience with a high quality consumer brand
Knowledge of the healthcare industry and regulatory environment.Ability to understand and comply with all regulatory requirements of position, including HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and Stark Laws
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint