Eden Prairie, MN
Vein Clinics of America
POSITION: Patient Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Office Manager and/or Area Manager
With more than 30 years of experience and 60 locations across the United States, Vein Clinics of America® is the largest medical practice specializing in treatment of vein disease.
We are seeking a Patient Coordinator to assist with the administrative operations of the clinic, as directed by the office manager, to ensure that the operations of the clinic run smoothly and efficiently.
- Prepare and maintain charts for new and existing patients, verifies all information is correct and up to date.
- Issue Patient Information, Health History and all other pertinent forms to consults / patients as they sign in. Assist consults / patients with the completion of the forms as necessary.
- Greet patients and escort them to the exam rooms.
- Become proficient with VCA's computer hardware and software programs, i.e. VPA and Outlook.
- Answer the phones, according to VCA policy & procedure.
- Input patient transactions into VPA at the time of service. Update patient information, scan insurance card / picture ID, enter office notes, charges and payment information.
- Verify and update patient’s insurance benefits and assist OM in obtaining authorizations.
- Assist the OM with Accounts Receivable to ensure clinic is within company target – collection at time of service and insurance follow up.
- Become proficient with, and be prepared to assist the OM in all practice building functions of the clinic to ensure all company targets are met- including inquiry/consult conversion, consult/initial conversion, map conversion, 2nd leg starts and non-convert follow-up.
- Become familiar with, and be prepared to, complete and transmit all daily, weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Be prepared to close-out the clinic at the end of the day. Daily close should include financial reconciliation, daily deposits, report preparation, transmission.
- Be prepared to open the clinic at the beginning of the day.
- Be prepared to stagger your schedule with the OM to provide continuous administrative support during the patient schedule.
- Constantly practice and promote good patient relations.
- At the discretion of the Office Manager, the Office Assistant will be trained to assist the clinical staff in some clinical duties such as photos and consents, cleaning rooms, holding pressure, preparation of supplies and stocking rooms.
- In the absence of the Office Manager, be prepared to oversee the day-to-day operations of the practice.
- All other Duties as assigned by the OM.
- The incumbent employee is encouraged to, but is not required to, have CPR certification as part of their job duties. CPR certification will be reimbursed to the employee up to $75 for the training/certification
- Maintain confidentiality of systems and operating information
- Act in compliance with legal rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Adhere to both the spirit and the language of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 (“SOX”) in order to avoid any conduct that would be in violation of SOX or give the appearance of violating SOX.
- Understand SOX rules and responsibilities under the Company’s compliance policies and procedures, and the penalties for not complying with the policies and procedures and the law.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous medical office experience preferred