Vein Clinics of America
POSITION: Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
With more than 30 years of experience and 60 locations across the United States, Vein Clinics of America® is the largest medical practice specializing in treatment of vein disease.
We are looking for a Medical Assistant to assist the Office Manager and clinical team by performing administrative duties and handling basic clinical tasks to ensure that the operations of the clinic run smoothly and efficiently. This position will entail an approximate time allocation of fifty percent Clinical and fifty percent Administration.
- Ensures Patients are prepared for their planned procedures including proper education, follow-up plans and post procedure instructions.
Obtain and record patient blood pressures, pulse, respirations, and temperatures, if applicable
Fit and measure patients for compression stockings and assist them with putting on stockings after their treatment/appointments.
- Take before and after pictures of patients.
- Assist the RN with the preparation of medications and filling syringes, as permitted by state law.
- Ensure that rooms are stocked accordingly.
- Assist the RN with the ordering of all medical supplies.
- Cleaning and preparation of rooms in compliance with our sanitary policy.
- Assist with room and tray set up for patient procedures.
- Issue patients with pre and post procedure instructions as well as any prescriptions. Ensure compliance and understanding as well as answer any related questions, or inform the nurse or physician of the patient’s need for further explanation.
- Prepare and maintain charts for new and existing patients, verify that all information is correct and up to date.
- Assist with chart prep to make sure patients are in compliance with their treatment protocol.
- Other duties as delegated by the physician.
- Become proficient with VCA's computer hardware and software programs, i.e. VPA and Outlook.
- Answer the phones, according to VCA policy & procedure.
- Input patient transactions into VPA at the time of service. Update patient information, scan insurance card / picture ID, enter office notes, charges and payment information.
- Verify and update patient’s insurance benefits and assist OM in obtaining authorizations.
- Assist the OM with Accounts Receivable to ensure clinic is within company target – collection at time of service and insurance follow up.
Become proficient with, and be prepared to assist the OM in all practice building functions of the clinic to ensure all company targets are met- including inquiry/consult conversion, consult/initial conversion, map conversion, second leg starts and non-convert follow-up.
- In the absence of the Office Assistant, become familiar with, and be prepared to, complete and transmit all daily, weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Be prepared to open the clinic at the beginning of the day.
- Constantly practice and promote good patient relations.
- All other Duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Past experience preferred in a physician office setting, or possess credential as a Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- Maintain confidentiality of systems and operating information.
- Act in compliance with legal rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Adhere to both the spirit and the language of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002 (“SOX”) in order to avoid any conduct that would be in violation of SOX or give the appearance of violating SOX.
- Understand SOX rules and responsibilities under the Company’s compliance policies and procedures, and the penalties for not complying with the policies and procedures and the law.